- Discharge Instructions for Hip Arthroscopy
- Discharge Instructions for Total Hip Arthroplasty
- Discharge Instructions regarding Medications
- Discharge Instructions for Gluteal Repair, IT Band Windowing, and Trochanteric Bursectomy
General Post-Op Instructions
Rehabilitation following surgery, in many instances, is as important as the surgery itself. It requires a commitment from the patient to make it a part of their daily routine. I believe that physical therapists and athletic trainers have an integral role in guiding and assisting patients through this process. I will work with both you and your therapist to ensure that your rehabilitation is appropriate and that you are progressing and improving, as you should.
Orthopaedic rehabilitation is always tailored to the individual patient’s goals and is affected by the type of surgery that was performed and intra-operative findings. The total duration for therapy and progression to return to full activity is always individualized. Please see the below links for more information on therapy guidelines for specific surgeries.
Specific Post-Op Rehabilitation Protocols
- Hip Arthroscopy
Hip Arthroscopy Protocol for All Patients.
- Total Hip Replacement
- PT Protocol for Hip Arthroscopy and Ganz Osteotomy
- Gluteus Medius Repair Protocol