Pain in the knee can be the result of a condition that has developed over time or from overuse like osteoarthritis, arthritis, or from the occurrence of a recent sports injury, such as a meniscus tear or dislocated kneecap. Runners' knee physical therapy in Denver, CO, is available to you here at Western Orthopaedics.
In some circumstances, and if not identified early on, conditions such as knee arthritis may create extreme bone and joint discomfort, making knee surgery, such as knee replacement, total knee arthroplasty, or knee arthroscopy, possible options to relieving your knee pain.
If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms of knee pain, it's important to seek treatment as soon as possible before your knee injury or condition worsens:
- Have severe joint pain, pain in the knee, pain in the kneecap, or pain behind the knee
- Feel like your knee gave out while walking, running, jumping, or turning
- A popping or snapping noise in or around the knee
- Cannot bend or move the knee
- Begin limping or are unable to walk comfortably
- Have swelling of the knee, joint, or calf area
- Symptoms of Runners' knee
At Western Orthopaedics, we understand that pain in the knee can make everyday activities difficult. If you think you may be suffering from a knee condition or injury, like an ACL injury or damaged cartilage, consult with a knee doctor at Western Orthopaedics by calling 303-927-0124.
To learn more about painful conditions of the knee, please feel free to visit the links below.
Patient Education Videos:
- Overview of ACL Injuries & Treatment Options
- About Knee Arthritis
- About ACL Reconstruction
- ACL Injuries & Treatment Options